Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I do have scissors in my hands and your bang length is in my control... say nice things, or else.

me: "I am sorry about my cough, I am not contagious, I just have allergies."
client: "Oh, I wasn't worried about the cough, I was just wondering when your baby was due."
me: looking very confused, "I, um, well..." I couldn't figure out if she knew I HAD a baby and was wondering when he was born, or if she was calling me fat. I soon realized she was calling me fat.
"I am not pregnant, I just had a baby."
client: "Oh, you just had a baby. Congratulations. When did you have your baby"
me: "Um, November... he was a big baby."


This conversation happened last week with a client I have never seen before. She normally goes to my friend, but my friend couldn't take her so I was helping out.

I admit that my body isn't what it used to be, but by no means do I look pregnant. I was shocked when this lady asked me this. I don't really feel like she even tried to explain herself or help me feel better. It was after a long day of work, and I am sure I was not sitting up straight or whatever. Either way, I doubt I will be seeing this client in my chair again.

I did see her at Trader Joe's yesterday and we pretended not to see each other.

8 comments:

cec said...

You do NOT look pregnant, my dear. Geez....

Taryn said...

I agree...you DO NOT look pregnant in any way! Got to love crazy people!

Serena Cherry said...

OH my gosh, that WHORE!! Okay, maybe that was a little strong, but how rude!! Honestly, I don't even ask women who have basket balls in their stomachs when they are due, you just don't do it! So lame. I am glad you don't think you look pregnant because you dont. She's an idiot.

Sarah said...

This has happened to me before. I went to church for the first time after I had Josie. I didn't look pregnant. I just looked a little fuller in my belly area. Some idiot (he really is an idiot so it didn't make me feel as bad) said, "Oh, when's the baby due?" I lifted up the carseat and said, "She's right here." And smiled.

People just need to learn not to ask any question like that. I almost don't even ask if someone is pregnant, even when they're 8 or 9 months because you just never know.

And this girl who said that to you sound like a real winner. You should have cut all her bangs off! That would've taught her a lesson! Ha! I bet you look amazing!

AngryBaker said...

What a big mouth.

I kind of love awkward moments when I try not to see someone. Wow, this bag of chips is fascinating.....

Laurie & Clint said...

WHAT? You looked back to your normal skinny self pretty much the first time we saw you after you had Clark! That lady is crazy. Maybe she just goes around telling girls they look pregnant to see if she can be the biggest jerk of all time!

Stephanie said...

If people think YOUR post-pregnancy body still looks pregnant, we're all doomed.

Nanette Purdy said...

Urghhh! You only looked pregnant for about 5 months and you had an almost 10 lb baby!!! You didn't have a tummy after about a week. Some people are so dumb and the killer is that they are clueless about being so dumb, They must be the dumb rude people in the world. I hate those people and they're too dumb to know or care!!