Friday, June 17, 2011

Day 6- "Loose/Beach Waves" and a TUTORIAL

Ok, I have had a day filled with learning experiences. First off, I learned that doing video tutorials is HARD. You know how much you hate hearing your own voice recorded, try watching yourself explaining how to curl your hair!!! It was a train wreck. Luckily I have a really handy husband who was able to turn my almost 30 minute video filled with babies crying and husbands coming home early and scaring me, and lots of mess ups and pauses, down to almost 8 minutes. You can all thank him in your hearts, cause he really saved you from a painful experience. The second thing I learned was how often I look down and say "um" and talk with my hands and... I could go on and on. I guess we are our own worse critic.
I had to edit out the entire section on product knowledge and how to use it. It just didn't flow. I promise to talk about that soon. I think it is a big deal to use the right product and I want you all to be educated. I also had to edit out a few of the questions that many of you have been asking me. Lincoln thought it sounded like I was rambling, and he was totally right. Let's not forget that this is my first tutorial and I have learned so much. I promise they will only get better from here. I hope you enjoy.


Have a happy hair day!

10 comments:

Deborah said...

I love the video tutorial!!!! I really enjoyed learning how to do this hairstyle with a visual. Thank you!

Rachel said...

Gorgeous! I loved the video :) I'm excited to try it! where can I buy those hair products? Thanks for doing the tutorial! I can't wait for more

Chris Cherry said...

I love all of the words popping up, I couldn't do that to save my life!! You are gorgeous and I am learning so much! Thank you for the tutorial!

Chris Cherry said...

PS I forgot to mention that the first photo is incredible!! Please tell me those are false eyelashes!! They are amazing.

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

Love this Mallory! You Rock!

The Mathews Family said...

Mallory that was so fun to watch!!! And seriously this might sound weird, but something I thought to myself while I was watching this, "Mallory really has a great relationship with her hair!". What I meant was that you can tell that practice turns into confidence... and it's amazing, your hair seemed like it knew exactly what you wanted it to do. Does that make sense??? LOL! You're gorgeous Mal! I'm excited to read back through your older hair posts.
-Jessica

caitlin said...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I loved learning how to curl my hair and hearing about the products you use. It was great!

Kim said...

Love the tutorial and your shirt (i have the same one! ha ha) I would love to know what kind of curling irons and hair dryers you recommend also!

amyseely2003 said...

So fun! I've seen photos of you lately but for some reason watching that video made me realize that you haven't aged at all! What's up with that, lucky girl! You still look like your in your twenties!

Sarah Heder said...

"I need some spray and I am not afraid to use it." Dan was watching this tutorial with me and we both laughed out loud at that line. I don't know why. Just made us chuckle.

Great tutorial! And I think I learned how to do this from you when we were college roommates. This is probably the hair style I wear the most when I go out. I love it! I never use hairspray, but I think I might get some.