Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Like mother, like son


When Lincoln and I first got married, he noticed that I have a funny habit of tucking my thumb under my pointer finger. I don't realize I do this, and I almost always do it in my sleep or when I am relaxed. Apparently, it is Lithuanians version of giving someone the bird. Lincoln went to Lithuania on his mission, and he thought it was so funny that I would do this gesture. Fast forward a few years and imagine our surprise when we started to notice Clark doing the same thing!! I love my little boy.

Clark also has adopted my sleep habits. He is a really bad sleeper at night, but wants to take cat naps during the day. He is such a sweet and peaceful sleeper during the day... if only that would transfer to the nights.


He may have my thumb habits and my sleeping habits, but he has his daddy's smile. He is so expressive and handsome.

Now, we just need to wait and see if he gets our other funny habits. Let's just hope he doesn't get my annoying habit of never putting the toilet paper roll on the dispenser.

4 comments:

Laurie & Clint said...

Hooray for a new blog post. Little clark is so cute. That is hilarious about the hand gesture. Love his little smile

Unknown said...

That is so cute!! I love that thumb thing! :) That picture of you guys sleeping is pretty awesome too. I hope we can meet Clark soon! He is so adorable! I miss you!!

Sarah Heder said...

He is SO adorable! I cannot figure out who he looks like between you and Lincoln. That thumb thing is uncanny that he does the same thing too. I wonder if he'll be like his Mom and freak out when people try and touch her face after they've touched a newspaper. Time will tell! : ) And I love pictures of parents sleeping with their kids. So cute! It's just so much fun to see you as a Mom! I love it!

AngryBaker said...

I totally do that with my thumb too - my mom does it. My middle child used to do it in her sleep.

He's such a cutie. I hope you guys had a great Mother's Day.