Friday, October 2, 2009

Thanks for the article, but I don't believe it.

I recently got this article sent to me from my dear husband, Lincoln. I have a problem with falling asleep and he seems to just hit the pillow and crash. I think this article may suggest that I am just complaining, but I have always had a very difficult time with falling and staying asleep. I swear he is in a deep sleep and snoring in seconds, while I toss and turn for hours before I fall asleep. Then, in the morning, he just wakes up all ready to go with a big smile on his face. I, on the other hand, have to hit snooze like ten times and crack every bone in my body as I slowly walk up to the bathroom. I can't fully open my eyes until I have been awake for at least 15 minutes and my voice is all froggy until at least another few hours. I swear women have a much harder time with sleep then guys, or am I just complaining? How do you sleep?

5 comments:

Natasha and Jesse said...

Hi Mallory- This is Natasha from the old singles ward.

I agree with this post. I, too, have trouble falling asleep. It takes me at least 30 minutes to fall asleep and I have so much trouble waking up. Glad to hear you're doing well. (I hope you don't mind me looking at your blog).

Sarah Heder said...

Well, the study was for women who started at the age of 59, so you have a long ways to go before you hit that number. Maybe when you hit 59, you will finally sleep better than Lincoln.

I can usually fall asleep very quickly. In fact, Dan and I at one point in our marriage when we were having a very hard time were in the middle of a serious argument late at night. I was so tired. As he was "talking" (more like sternly talking) to me, I fell asleep in the middle of our fight (we were lying in bed fighting). These days, I can't keep my eyes open. And then getting up to nurse a few times during the night and having to fall back asleep --- sometimes I can get to sleep again asap or sometimes my mind starts to wonder and it takes me longer which means not much sleep for me right now. But that goes with the territory of having a baby. Oh, and getting up early of course cause I can't sleep in anymore b/c the other kids get up early. Geez. Now I'm just complaining. Ha! Can you tell that I NEED more sleep in my life?

Unknown said...

Yea, the article is talking about 59 year old women, so I would say it doesn't quite apply yet. I do think that hormones play a part...I used to fall asleep super fast and after I had Lane I couldn't sleep hardly at all. Now of course, I fall asleep at night pretty easy because, like Sarah, I am not getting very much sleep at all right now so it isn't too difficult; but under normal circumstances, I am still a deeper sleeper than Chris. I just have a hard time napping, and it always annoys me that Chris can nap so easily. Ha! I have lost my ability to nap, but Chris is more restless than I am. I do hate when I am sitting in bed and Chris falls asleep before me and he is breathing deeply and then I just sit there and think about how bad I want to be sleeping and how fast he falls asleep. Chris also likes to sleep in though. Anyway, none of my comments are very conclusive, are they? Yea, I really want some more sleep!!!

nikki said...

I hate to say it, but I actually fall asleep pretty quickly. On occasion I will toss and turn but mostly... I just snooze away.

Unknown said...

PS I watch Jonah occasionally...so embarrassing!