Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 20- "Oh No She Didn't"


If you have not mastered the art of french braiding your hair by now, you probably think all is lost in ever learning how. I would like to challenge that way of thinking by telling you that you CAN do it. There are so many people out there who struggle with the simple task of weaving their hair back and forth while picking up small strands of hair to join the weave. I promise it is all about practice. I would suggest you get the hang of it on someone else's head first if you are really struggling. It is all about seeing the pattern and keeping the sections clean. Here are the simple steps to remember when french braiding.

1. Only make one pass of each strand before picking up small sections to join with the two outside strands.
2.Hold the three strands of hair in one hand, in between different fingers, while the other hand picks up hair on either side.
3.Hold the hair as close to the base as possible, not at the ends where the hair will braid too loose and fall out of the braid.
4. Make sure each section you pick up is the same amount of hair each time.
5. Repeat over and over until you reach your hairline, or your desired spot.


I swear it is that easy!
I am trying to make my face have as much attitude as possible, am I pulling it off? Ok, maybe not. Just promise me you will try to french braid your hair if you don't know how, and if you do, try the dutch braid. You wont regret it.

Have a happy hair day!

There was supposed to be a new tutorial with a how to on french braiding, but I can't get it to work. So, I will have to have Lincoln post it tomorrow. It is late and if I wake him up to show me how I would be a bad wife. I promise you will get it tomorrow. Pinkie swear!

No comments: