Monday, July 18, 2011

Going Nude


Get your head out of the gutter. I am not talking about being naked, I am talking about nude tights. I know what you are thinking, "Um, Mallory, aren't those only for grandmas and bank robbers to wear over their face?" Not anymore! Our lovely Dutchess Kate Middleton has been seen wearing them ALL over the place. This isn't some Princess rule she now has to follow people, she wears them because she WANTS to.
Photo by Lionel Hahn- WPA Pool/Getty Images

I guess this is all the rage over there across the pond. I for one find Kate's style to be so refreshing. I am so sick of girls looking like slobs (no offense, Ke$ha). Anyways, I love how she wears some of her core pieces over again, like her shoes and bag, and how she is always so polished and ladylike. The panty hoes are just another example of her feminine style. And, let's face it, I will take whatever I can get in order to hide my WHITE legs. What do you think? Will you be sporting some nude hoes anytime soon?

6 comments:

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

Oh my heck! I love her style! So classy! You are right- the nude tights would totally be a fix to my WHITE legs too! ha ha
Hope you guys are having fun on your trip!

Sarah Heder said...

This is a good post because this is a big debate in my book. One of my biggest fashion rules is that you should NOT wear nude tights unless you're over the age of like 50 or something. I have always felt this way even when my legs are pasty white or bruised or vericose veins. However, seeing the right pair on someone like Kate is refreshing and I have to admit it looks good --- the right pair, though. There are some real cheapy panty hose that look horrible! I do like a good pair of fishnet nude tights. But having said all this, I still don't think I could bring myself to wear nude panty hose. Not yet.

Rach H @ FamilyEverAfter said...

I also am in love with her nude shoes!!! It is so refreshing to see someone famous who looks so classy. I respect her for that, and I've also heard that she reuses things because she wants to be sensitive to those surrounded by economic trials. Of all the interviews I've seen I think she and William seem like very refined, down to earth people. Now she just needs to stop getting so skinny!

kimberly said...

Love Kate. Love her shoes. Love her dress. Love her shimmery legs. And I love you Mal. But my favorite part of this post is the last line, "Will you be sporting some NUDE HOES anytime soon?" hahaha - I love you MAL! Even if you did mistype 'hose' on accident, its still hilarious!!

The Loops said...

I just don't know if I can pull this off. You and Kate certainly can though!

katilda said...

my roommate totally wears nude tights every sunday and if she wears skirts to work, even in august in arizona! i skip them in summer but adore them in winter. i usually go with a funky tight color, but if i want the bare leg look i'll totally wear nudes. i love how much more comfortable heels are with hosiery on. plus, makes my legs look tan in the winter ;)